Us

Us

Friday, January 21, 2011

Moving!!!

This week has been pretty busy. I’ve been packing up our house getting ready to move. My husband and I decided before he left that I would move to north Alabama to be close to my family during the next year he is gone. I’ll stay with my dad for about a month and hopefully find a place of my own by the beginning of March.

The last few moves we’ve made, I’ve been able to watch the girls for the day while the movers came in and packed our things and moved it for us, but this move we are doing on our own. So I’ve been doing just a little bit every day and hopefully we can finish up the last minute things when my parents get in this afternoon.
I’m so excited about moving and being close to my family, but it’s kind of funny how it kind of makes you feel sad seeing everything in boxes and knowing one chapter of your life is ending and another beginning.  We’ve only been in this little house a few months, but have made so many memories here!
Ali Jo had her first birthday here. She took her first steps here. We potty trained Aby here (well almost potty trained J) The girls and I had our first white Christmas here. Dennis got the white Christmas he had prayed for before he deployed. I got to spend a few wonderful months here with my husband and the girls with their daddy before he left for year.                        
Thankfully all these memories have been preserved through photos and of course in our hearts. We are leaving and are looking forward to making memories over the next year in this new stage of our life and are cherishing the memories we have to hold on to until our family is reunited.




3 comments:

  1. Good luck on your move!! :) Hopefully we'll get to see each other within the next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog, Mary! So excited to catch up on what's been going on with ya'll! Your girls are adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete