Us

Us

Friday, January 7, 2011

Our Story

Just thought I would tell you all a little about us, as I’m getting this blog started up. J I grew up in Oklahoma City. I had the privilege of growing up in a Christian home. I attended a Christian school, and went to Bible College there in Oklahoma City after I graduated high school.
          My husband grew up in Ignacio  Colorado. He also graduated from a Christian school and came to Oklahoma City to attend Bible College.  He got there while I was a senior in highschool, and was placed on my dads bus route.  Isn't it amazing to look back and see God’s hand in every aspect of our lives even in what seems like trivial things.
          When I graduated and started on bus route, I wanted to be on the one my dad was one, so thankfully we were together on the same route. J Dennis already knew my dad, and he and I got to be really good friends, so of course when he asked me to be his date in February at the college’s valentine banquet I was thrilled!
          We got married a year and a half later in July 2006. I finished up my last year at college and we were blessed with our beautiful princess Aby in July 2007.
          In June 2008, my husband joined the US Army. We spent about 3 months apart while he was in basic training then relocated together to Monterey, California where my husband spent the next year and a half studying Arabic. While we were there, in October 2009, our second beautiful princess, Ali Jo was born. It was a wonderful year and a half together.
          After we left there he had to train in Texas and we were apart again for 6 months. We had another few wonderful months together up until my husband was recently deployed to spend the next year in Afghanistan.
          It’s never been easy with the long separations, but I am so proud of my husband and the sacrifice he is making to defend our great nation.  I’ve always loved and appreciated soldiers and what they do, but it really hits home when the sacrifice becomes so personal.
          It’s not always easy, but I wouldn’t trade my life for anything. I have a wonderful husband who loves me and who is willing to lay his life on the line for me, our girls, and our country. I have two beautiful daughters who brighten my life each and every day. Most importantly of all I have a BEST FRIEND, my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, who is always with me and who is  guiding and directing each step in my life.
          Hopefully you know me  and my family a little better now J

         

No comments:

Post a Comment